INTO THE BLACK
Yikes, some time ago She Who Must Be Obeyed, aka Lady Fury, nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. Naturally, I braced, then figured, what the hell. The rules are easy:
* Display the Liebster logo and link back to the person nominating you.
* Answer the 10 questions posed.
* Pose 10 new questions of your own.
* Nominate some recipients of to likewise receive a Liebster Award.
Lady Fury's 10 Questions:
Which fictional character would you most fancy having a fling with and why?
Call me a tart, but there are so, so many: Acheron (from Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series, oh, and Nick Gautier from the same, are right up there. Then there’s Wrath from J R Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood, oh, and Shehanne Moore’s Black Wolf from His Judas Bride, and Bernard Cornwall's Sharp, and all the Ghost Walker men (Christine Feehan) and, and, and—ok, I’m not just a tart, I’m an easy tart. And the why? Well, aside from being hot, they are rough diamonds, hard as all hell and all utter bastards who make me laugh.
You’ve been shipwrecked on a desert island, what book can’t you be without?
The entire works of Sherrilyn Kenyon bound up if one thick, fat, tome. That should keep me out of trouble.
What inspires you? Places or people?
Places. People scare me. Soooo unpredictable.
What little tome are you working on right now?
Hard to Chase: a honey-pot romp with a sinister edge involving biological weaponry.
Who would you like to see in the movie version?
Someone with Ian Somerhalder's eyes, Will Smith’s body, Josh Holloway’s snarl, Gregory Peck’s stature/intensity…guess that’s Frankenstein’s monster then.
In your own books do you have a favourite character and why?
Nah, no favourites. I’m flighty by nature.
What do you think is the best book movie?
To Kill a Mocking Bird (damn that film is good)
Roughly how long does it take you to write a book?
When I’m in the zone, about 5 weeks, but then it’s all about the editing. If I’m not in the zone, I can spend months staring into space.
Raspberry Crème Brûlée
Any bits in your book you are embarrassed to show your family?
I’m not the one who’s embarrassed, they are! Which makes for some hilarious, spontaneous out-loud readings by me.
And my 10 questions are:
1. Jeans or skirt? Why?
2. If you were a vegetable, what would you be? Why?
3. Banana or apple? Why?
4. By the sea or up a mountain? Why?
5. You’re writing a highly erotic novel—what would your pen name be?
6. What is your favourite romance genre? To read? To write?
7. How difficult do you find it to name your characters? Share some examples.
8. Which writing rule would you most like to break? Why?
9. Duvet or traditional sheets + blanket? Why?
10. Insert the opening paragraph of your current WIP.
And I nominate:
Lindsay J Prior
Hard Men the Hard Way