- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers (the number seems to vary) for this award and link to them.
7 Things You Did Not Need to Know about Me
- Despite all suggestions to the contrary, I rarely know what the hell I am doing. Work: I wing it. Family: I wing it. Life: I wing it big time. (This used to cause me great anxiety until I realised I’m in great company. Most people are winging it too, in fact it’s pretty damn crowded up here in the skies.)
- Despite all appearance to the contrary, I was pretty quick over the 100m (representing East Dorset as a junior), captained the netball team (hated it) and played hockey in the 1sts (hated it too). Rebelled against cross-country and when made to do it, hiked a lift to the finish on the back of a coal truck - going in the wrong direction. Older and wiser now, exercise and I have a love/hate relationship. Exercise loves itself and I believe it’s a form of self-harming.
- I once ‘fainted’ on the hockey pitch just so I could be carried off by the Captain of the Boys’ Team on whom I had a crush. (Now that is just plain embarrassing to admit and merits a 3 mile run for punishment – yeah, like that’s gonna happen.)
- Until very recently I believed that if I climbed a chair or a skyscraper I’d be closer to the sun…then my nine year old asked me - so how come snow is more likely the higher you climb a mountain? Hmmm…still winging that one. (Science is so illogical)
- To combine science and embarrassment cos I like synergy, I was pregnant with my third child (of 5) before I found out the term ‘boner’ was not a reference to an articulated bone in the penis, in fact there is no bloody bone at all. (I skipped a lot of biology to hide and read instead – but never reference books). I was happy in my ignorance and boy, did the very good looking Russian consultant who put me right, blush.
- I home educated my children for 18 months (a bit worrying when you consider I don’t exactly have a handle on science (physics, biology, chemistry, why the hell the universe works the way it does).
- I was once damn near arrested for climbing a crane naked in Central London. No, I wasn’t protesting, it was a dare (it was also dark). Word of caution: if you are going to climb a crane (naked or otherwise), don’t pick one within scratching distance of a police station.
(Yes, I realise the numbering thingy isn't working but it doesn't want to be fixed so I'm leaving it be)