Seven Bold Facts
1: I won’t travel by boat (not canoe, not pedalo, not luxury liner), the mere thought of doing so, brings me out in hives. Also, I don’t do tunnels or caves. Crossing bridges sends me into near cardiac arrest.
2: Whenever journeying across this fine land we call the UK, I’m constantly on the scout for the best possible place in which to hold up come the zombie apocalypse. I’ve got my eye on Anglesey, yes, the entire island—inhabitants, please start your evacuation now—though I’m not sure how I’d get there given my aversion to bridges. (Adds TNT to survival list…that bridge must go)
3. One of my favourite words—which, sadly, I rarely get to use—is leviathan. Should I ever learn the fine art of shape shifting, that’s what I’m shifting into—only, as I intend to be land-based, I’ll change that to Gryphon (and I want a lion’s head, beaks are so mean looking).
4. My maiden name was Schmidt-Weichert (most called me Smith-Wicket).
5. Books I’ve written (so far) Hard to Forget and Hard to Hold, and I’m currently inking (bleeding) Hard to Chase. Yes, blatant promo—sorry.
6. One of the first 'real' stories I ever wrote—must have been about 11 years old—was about a man-servant named Surprise. All I remember is, he foolishly baked himself into a cake and then complained bitterly when he was eaten. His nose was the cherry on the top. To this day I remain scarred by the drowning in red ink I received from my teacher. The assignment required that I write about the biggest surprise in my life (so boring I refused to conform, and paid the price with a tedious re-write).
7. I don’t want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.
Now, mission complete, I nominate the following bloggers:
Dilys J Carnie
Aurelia B Rowl
Noelle Clark The lovely Noelle will be guesting at Into the Black on Thursday
Hard Men the Hard Way